Are you interested in buying a bicycle company with a potential growth opportunity in the hot e-bike market at a price totaling half of the book value of assets and with no liabilities for only $1.7 million?
And are you able to act fast and participate remotely in a virtual bankruptcy auction being held next Monday, December the 13th in Iowa?
If so, this is an opportunity that you should explore. This experienced family business has been forced to enter a speedy bankruptcy auction due to extenuating circumstances but retains multiple underlying value propositions as a going concern.
Messingschlager, a German B2B bicycle parts importer and distributor closely familiar with the situation has completed due diligence and submitted an initial stalking horse bid to purchase Cycle Force. However, they have had little competition to-date due to the speed of the process and the opportunity remains to submit a competing offer.
Cycle Force Group LLC, a chapter 11 debtor (“Debtor” or “Company”), is an importer and distributor of bicycles, parts, and accessories with sales into multi-channels throughout North America. A 363 sale of substantially all Debtor’s assets will be held on December 13th.
The deadline for any party interested in bidding to make a preliminary bid has been extended to December 10th. A $1.5M stalking horse bid from Messingschlager GmbH & Co. KG has been accepted with an initial minimum overbid increment of $200,000 and any competing bid must therefore be at least $1.7 million. Linked here is a schedule outlining in full the submission requirements for a non-stalking-horse bid.
This public notice updates the prior public notice published on October 25th.
1. When? The Preliminary Bid Deadline has been extended to December 10th. Debtor expects to announce the resulting Baseline Bid on December 10th. The Auction Date remains December 13th.
2. What? All or substantially all of the assets of Cycle Force Group LLC (“Cycle Force”), as a going concern.
3. Where? The sale is taking place under Bankruptcy Code §363, Cycle Force’s chapter 11 case, pending in front of the Honorable Anita L. Shodeen, in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Iowa, Case number 21-00571-als11. The auction will take place in a hybrid format that supports remote, virtual attendance by qualified bidders.
4. Who? All inquiries should be directed to the company’s investment banker, Ravinia Capital LLC. Linked here is additional information about Cycle Force. Linked here is a confidentiality agreement. You may sign and email the confidentiality agreement to Ravinia Capital to receive additional information, or you may contact Ravinia Capital to discuss the opportunity generally prior to agreeing to appropriate confidentiality obligations (contact information below).
5. Company Summary.
6. Sale Procedures. Linked here is a summary of the sale procedures; here is an executive summary of relevant dates:
DailyDAC™ is the oldest, most trusted, and most widely used provider of public notices of asset sales and case commencements, and other important notices involving companies in financial distress in the United States and Canada. DailyDAC™ public notices are used by bankruptcy trustees, chapter 11 debtors in possession, federal and state court receivers, and secured parties disposing of their collateral under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code or other state law trust (and their respective auction firms, law firms, and other agents). Learn more.
Many sales of distressed companies and distressed business assets are not widely advertised. If you are buyer of such companies or assets, you may be well served by becoming a paying subscriber to Distressed Deal Data™. Find out more.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF ASSET SALE: Online-Focused Footwear Retailer
90 Second Lesson: How a Licensee is Treated in the Bankruptcy of its Licensor
PUBLIC NOTICE OF AUCTION: FieldXperience, LLC
PUBLIC NOTICE OF EQUITY SALE: Airport Van Rental, Inc.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UCC SALE: Jasper Pellets, LLC
PUBLIC NOTICE OF ABC: DaBecca Natural Foods, Inc.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.